Latest Post  |  Vinson Massif - Wikipedia  |  Weather

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Heading to Punta Arenas!

I'm on my way to Mt. Vinson, the highest peak in Antarctica!

I just finished a successful Aconcagua climb a few days ago and now am on my way from Mendoza, Argentina to Punta Arenas, Chile.  I will meet up with fellow Alpine Ascents guide Matt Hegeman and we will do a few days of expedition prep work before meeting our group in Punta Arenas then flying to Antarctica!

The summit ridge of Mt. Vinson is fairly steep (above) and the views are amazing!

The Twin Otter aircraft that will fly us from Union Glacier Camp
to Vinson Base Camp.  You can see Mt. Vinson behind.

The Illushin 76 jet on the ice in UG Camp. This large cargo jet will take us from
Punta Arenas, Chile, to Union Glacier Camp, Antarctica.

No comments:

Post a Comment